C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ehthiers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 10 Apr 2008 13:20:57 -0400
Mary,
Have you had your eyes check by a neuro- opthamologist lately?  What is your
acuity?  You actually sound like you have more of a vestibular system issue.
The vestibular system is something of a sixth sense that we don't think
about.  It's what lets your body know where you are at and if you are moving
or not (a very quick and simplified explaination).  Usually, some kind of
knowledgeable neuro person such as a good ENT, neuro-opthamologist or such
can help you find a reputable vestibular rehabilitation place.  Dizzy and
seasick feelings are signs of vertigo.  Vertigo is a sign of many different
kinds of disorders and you need a good doc who can help you piece it
together.

Beth t. the OT