C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 23:35:03 -0400
Jan,

I don't know anything about the services in Tennessee, but in Maryland, there
are accessible taxis that will come to your house and take you wherever you want
to go.  You might also want to check into getting hand controls for a car, so
that you can drive.  Sorry, but I'm not sure how much they cost.  I've heard of
several groups who donate used ones at low or no cost.  Also, the Internet (as
you've discovered!) is a great means for socialization.  Besides disability
info, there are forums where you can discuss and debate any interest you might
have.  Check out http://www.onelist.com.  You might want to look into counseling
for your depression.
A disability can definitely be very frustrating and make things look bleak at
times.  I was lucky enough to find a wonderful psychologist, and talking with
her makes me feel much more calm and in control.  Any time you want to talk, or
if there's anything else I can do to help, just e-mail me!  Good luck to you! :)
--

~Joy~
http://home.earthlink.net/~joy0823