C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Patrick Cook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Apr 1999 08:31:38 -0700
Hi everyone:

At 08:00 PM 4/1/99 -0500, Linda Wagner wrote:
>Hi Joy,
>
>I have to preface my response with the fact that I never went to my
>prom, nor do I use a wheelchair, BUT...
>
>When I was in a wedding this past summer, looking for a dress and shoes
>that worked for me was not easy...Personally, I found that anything that
>was at all tight-fighting or straight cut past the waist was impossible
>to walk or sit in without looking and feeling ridiculous.

That's funny......when I was at my brother's wedding last year in Texas, I
just wore my regular shoes, which are of the mountain-climbing type.  That
was considered to be acceptable even though everyone else had more
appropriate footwear.

Oh well....to each his own, I guess....  :-)

Patrick:

P.S.:  A note about my post regarding "King Gimp", I just wanted to say to
Lawrence that he shouldn't have to feel like he HAS to accept the
"nickname" given to him by his friends and relegate and/or resign himself
to the fact that he's nothing more than a "gimp".  Lawrence, if you took my
post the wrong way, I too am sorry.  I see many people apologized for the
way you were greeted and you should feel welcome to join in on the fun.  I
welcome you (and I too am more of a lurker).

In short, when I saw your original post, it just upset me that someone felt
as though they had to relegate themselves into thinking they're totally
worthless when in fact such is NOT the case.