C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carla MacInnis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 19:15:56 -0800
Hi Yvonne,

  Greetings from the bowels of rural New Brunswick, Canada. I'm 45 (but I look 20
... ask anyone!). I'm a spastic diplegic, but my friends call me Lop. I may walk
sorta lopsided, but I'm still uprightly mobile. Free-lance writing keeps me outta
trouble. I'm married, no human children, 3 fur kids. Don't tell Mr. Jake the Cairn
he's a dog, or there'll be hell to pay. He's convinced he's a human boy.

  I went through only one surgery at age 8, therapy 4 times daily til I was 13
years old. 2 summer camps for "dis"abled kids - I was asked not to come back after
the second summer. I was a frustrated artist among athletes. I was not a good
camper at all. University educated (liberal arts with focus on rehab social work),
I worked for a number of years before "retiring" due to back problems (posturing
due to cp). Diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 96 (may have had it for 10-15 years
prior) and a heart condition in 97 (leaky valves), I spend my time writing,
crafting, reading, terrorizing the neighborhood on my scooter with my little
terrorist.

  Next!

Cheers!

Carla