C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2005 22:25:05 EST
I was around a biker gang when I was younger.  I was always by  myself.  I
hung around this gang because I stood up to a guy that was like  Goliath.  He
wanted me to get off this video game.  I turned around  and said " Am I supposed
to be afraid of you?"  He was just shocked a  little disabled kid stood up to
him when others ran for cover.  That's was  when I got into heavy metal.  I
was going through a reckless stage.   Most of my friends were dropping like
flies.  I was feeling like if I was  going to go too, might as well be in a blaze
of glory.  I also took up  skiing earlier that year.  I made it down the
hill.  Lost track of how  many times I fell face first in the snow.

Lori, depending on your religious faith, there may be programs for disabled
in your community.  I went to some dances for the disabled at a church  school
hall.  After all this time I would feel out of place in that  environment.
That was before I went traveling on my own, had children and  had a job.