C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Trisha Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Aug 2008 11:49:06 -0400
Hi Linda,

 I seriously agree with this sentiment - and as the parent of disabled
child I know just how much time, effort and emotion they take up and
require as babies and little kids- I have serious concerns as to how she
can be campaigning and or be the VP and give that special needs kid
enough care  - especially since she has a herd of kids - I see kids
raised by nannies - here.

I have no problem with working moms - I have been one my whole child's
life - but I do know once you are a mom - you have to make the decision
- which one is job one. And frankly if your career is job one - and your
kids are little -you are seriously short changing the kids - especially
with a high power long hours job. Spouse or no spouse. Children need a
dedicated parent - and not that guys can't do this - it's simply a rare
male that does that. If she has one of the few men like that - then
Goddess Bless.

I think that you can have it all - just not at the same time. If her
kids - were in their late teens - I would say more power to her.

Obviously - she wouldn't get my vote. Besides, our whole house is in the
Obama camp!

                   Trisha