C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:00:06 -0400
I found a stream near there when I did a little contract work for DOE at Oak
Ridge.  I think the fish were attracted to me because I glowed at night!
LOL!

If you can stay away from GatlinDollyBurgWood, East TN is beautiful and
there are hundreds of little out-of-the-way trout streams all over the
place.

When I was a kid my parents were friends of the guy who supervised one of
the U.S. Government Printing Offices.  I don't know if it's still in
existance, but he belonged to a guild called the "Pressmens' Society" and
they had a resort called "Pressman's Home" near Rogersville TN.  He invited
our family to vacation with his every few summers.  This place was
incredible!  It was a very "proper" place--had to "dress" for supper (dinner
to all you Yankee-type folks).

Anyway, there was this little mill pond on the property that held the most
exquisite fat little brook trout.  The fishies were so irridescent that they
would actually turn color when the sun hit them at different angles.  My
brother and I would catch a mess on our flyrods and then have the chef grill
them up in the evening.  That kind of fishing is long gone.

I wasted a lot of my teenage summers fishing near Johnson City, TN, too.
That's some purty countryside, that is.

-Kyle