C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2007 22:03:52 -0400
I don't know all the issues but the college is a very small one and I gather
it's got a low graduation rate.  Also, I think there's a problem with the
present faculty not having enough advance degreed ones.  The first has been
a problem for a long time  - indeed the number of students who finished the
same time as I did was a great deal less than those who started with me -
but the other problem certainly wasn't a problem while I was  there.

Another issue, I believe, is that St. Andrews' course offerings and credits
are substantially different from most colleges and unversities here in the
US - I remember this was a real problem when I started grad school and I had
to make up for courses that the grad school didn't recognise as valid.  St.
Andrews gave credits as term units, not semester hours.

Also, the alumni funding base has dwindled as the number of students have
gotten smaller so money is always an issue.  But I have to tell you it was
the perfect school for me at that point in my life and I don't regret
choosing it..

Kat