C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 08:42:44 -0400
   6 hours.

    i might could afford the big island if we lived very close. the problem
is health care. i have a friend that i visited in the hospital in honolulu
and another that is retired in honolulu. the friend in the hospital lives on
the big island. if there is any thing remotely major you'd have to go to
honolulu. my friends wife has family there so she had a place to stay. he
went in expecting to recover and be home in a week. he has been 3 months
with complications. can you imagine the hassle if his wife did not have
family. he is better and on the mend, thought he was not going to make it.
any way thats one problem. cost is the other. the big island maybe, but
honolulu, my friend that is retired there is retired air force. he can go to
the px at the military bases. said he could not make it were it not for the
px. then he has a brother that is sick and he is having trouble getting out
to the mainland to see him.

so no, i don't think i could live there unless i have a rich relative (don't
know of any) left me a fortune.

  it would be nice. the weather is pretty stable. warm. good for old warn
out bodies. but, i still thing south texas will be my best bet,

oh, my daughter is having a girl if not surprised. found out my last day in
hiwaii, had to go right out and buy a little girlie hawaiian outfit. i am
going to really spoil  this kid.