C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2008 02:14:33 -0400
I have a standard school type Jansport backpack.? It serves just what I need for the work week and after work shopping. ?I saw Wednesday homeless people have camping style backpacks complete with bedrolls.? How homeless people lugging around these things all day long, I just don't see it.? It was mainly the attitude that got me upset but I did not lower my dignity to how the manager on duty was talking toward me.?? I'm just visiting the city.? I was wearing a Star Trek T-shirt and sweatpants.? I try to keep myself looking dignified and clean.? The moment some stain gets on my clothes that can't come out, it gets demoted to 'around the house clothes'.? I do plan to file a complaint on this on ADA discrimination.? I also plan to contact this city's travel and tourism department about this too.? Not every person drives when they go on vacation.?

Michael Jeffries