C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 08:44:16 -0500
Heinlein made a really good point when he wrote the book Starship Troopers
(if you've seen the movie, other then fighting bugs the book is totally
different).  He made the point that the military is doing it all wrong when
they show all the glamorous sides of the military.  I can tell you during my
stint there weren't high speed boat races.  He felt that the recruiters
should be open about what being in the military is all about.  Think about
it, most people go into the military not to be a soldier and fight people
(although many do), most people go in for the GI benefits, the chance at
college, etc.

Beth T. the OT

Subject: Re: Important: Letters on the future of Iraq

I have a cousin who has been living in China for 3 years. He says he's
amazed
at the censorship here in the US media. He sees both what we get, as well as
what the rest of the world sees and he has seen interviews with American
reporters who say they're not allowed to say what's going on on both sides
by
the US bosses. So, yes our media is very, very biased. it's owned by people
with heavy ties to the white house.

Onto another related topic ... it blows my mind that so many of the young US
service people are saying, Well, I never realized I would really have to
kill
somebody... Duh! what did they think war is? I know that when the military
goes into high schools, they downplay the war part, and promote it as a way
out of poverty, as just another scholarship means... Still, you have to
wonder.

mag