BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 16 May 1999 15:34:32 -0700
Leland Torrence wrote:

> French:  lunatigue.  From lunaticus: "living on the moon".... beware the
> full monty.  Also. OE "loonatic" (and Ken knows this) those that dwell in
> waterclosets. Again a curious connection between full moons, tight spaces
> and sanity.

Been reading text from Martin Luther, who seems to have been a truly inspired
loonatic.

"The greatest punishment God can afflict on the wicked, is when the church, to
chastise them, delivers them over to Satan, who, with God's permission, kills
them, or makes them undergo great calamities. Many devils are in woods, in
waters, in wildernesses, and in dark pooly places, ready to hurt and prejudice
people; some are also in the thick black clouds, which cause hail, lightnings,
and thunderings, and poison the air, the pastures and grounds. When these
things happen, then the philosophers and physicians say, it is natural,
ascribing it to the planets, and showing I know not what reasons for such
misfortunes and plagues as ensue."

This is the guy that ascribed a foul wind, or poisoned air in the loo as the
work of satan.
--
][<en Follett
SOS Gab & Eti -- http://www.geocities.com/~orgrease