BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rudy R Christian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Aug 2009 22:16:43 -0400
One thing that has changed how concrete is reinforced is called "fiber".
It's actually fiberglass strands about 1" long which are added to the dry
mix and work amazing well to control cracking. The only minor downside is
the fact that power troweling lifts the fibers out of the surface so the
slab can get a bit fuzzy, but that wears off quickly after the cure with
foot or vehicle traffic.

I have found that adding fiber to the mix when capping a chimney is a huge
advantage in controlling cracks.

Supposed to be the wood guy,

Rudy