BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 17:10:55 -0700
SOS Gab & Eti 1.35

“The capabilities of that eye will have no other evidence to support
them but that which they define.” Bod Creegmoore

With moon rising full on eastern horizon, bigger than her Winnebago,
more opulent than a corn-thresher’s hubcap, Eti turns to me and declares
she is tired of living in an eye-centric universe. Stop. I am
immediately dropped into contemplating that a broad once said she had my
eyes. I was not sure if she meant familial resemblance, like a lost
sister from a previous life, or the deep blue of darkest blue burning in
my head or simply that I never stopped looking. I snap out of it and go
on to this world. For Eti, here it is an abysmal sort of confusion,
weary of the Cyclops visions surrounding her in the toil from day to day
of cellular differentiation for damn good money. Jealous of Gab’s
free-form trinket explorations, she is talking about expanding on her
psychometrist talents of finding celebrity amnesiacs, lost doorknobs and
road kill. I guess the sperm sorting position is not all it was marked
up to be. Watching the screen has been giving her migraines and a
backache. She tells me she wants to invent a device, sort of like a
telescope or x-ray that will cut through to the invisible and reveal the
source of our cosmic angst. She imagines fashionable headgear that will
double as a hat, a grand green bazoo.

Holding up wrinkled hands to the moon they play shadows across her face
as she tries to peek past flesh to see an omen in the buried lines of
bone. A shadow across her eye bisects the moon’s heart, so many thoughts
distant in the night clear sky. I assure her no need to squint as Gab
has already told me that we are blisters on the butt end of a higher
consciousness, sort of like stony pimples jutting out from a Rushmore of
God. Stop. The quick sinking of awareness flows through us. I grab the
rail for steadiness. A skunk beneath the porch rustles amongst oak
leaves in search of fat grubs. We then turn through the screen door and
inside to the smell of warm rhubarb pie and thickness of elderberry wine
on vanilla ice cream.
--
][<en Follett
SOS Gab & Eti -- http://www.geocities.com/~orgrease