BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 2004 21:18:04 -0800
I once built a house out of split face blocks.  I wasn't going for looks, I
wanted a house to keep the warm in and the cold out and that one certainly
did the trick.  Then my co-builder and I split and sold the house.  I do
prefer the drafty old place here though.  Ruth

PS:  Giving the teen Lincoln logs for Christmas as he told me last summer
he always liked them.  Why the heck didn't he tell me that when they were
age appropriate and I was wracking my brain trying to figure out what to
get him?

At 8:58 PM -0500 12/23/04, [log in to unmask] wrote:
In a message dated 12/23/2004 3:22:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

in beachfront cottage, vinyl facing in overlapping shell patterns You're
gonna get it looking like shells lined up in straight lines and stamped
into aluminum siding.  The problem is fabrication, and it ain;t gonna come
out like Bradbury & Bradbury wallpaper.
in new york, cast stone units with rich textures and colors It's called
split-face concrete block.  Looks like jails.
instead of 1950's apartment houses with white glazed brick, all sorts of
colors: chrome yellow; deep red rising to hot pink at the top; mottled grey
like a stormy sea surface in north atlantic; zig-zag diaper pattern (a la
doges palace) Take a look at the building at the NE corner of 42/8th (or
maybe 43).  Funny colors, weird angles, odd-shaped windows.  Looks like
shit.  But not boring, at least for the first minute or so.  Then it just
gives you agitta.
bolt on titanium facing rendered in log-size components Lincoln logs for
the masses?  Or the tycoons?

Call me,

Same Shit, Different Day
Ralph