BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 14 Aug 1998 13:57:32 +0000
> Bureau of Labor Statistics reported 23 workers were killed at construction
> sites in NYC in 1996. I have no report on the number of architects deceased.

I was not meaning to be harsh about architects. The truth is that one of the
architects I was working with was gunned down and murdered in an elevator by a
mad stranger, but I think that was in 1994, not 1996. My comment had more to do
with my briefly being reminded of the tragedy and loss in dealing with a
situation in what was a short, not meant to be harsh, comment. I recently came
across the architect's name in our database and I can only assume the memory of
the incident was on my mind relative to my not believing that we are any more
secure in our live's than was Hamurabi. I also think it wrong to assume that
construction is safe and free from terminal accidents. The building of many
structures that we today revere resulted in the death of builders.
--
][<en Follett
SOS Gab & Eti -- http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Cafe/5836