BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Tegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Apr 2009 22:18:48 -0700
Eric
Yes, intriguing. I was told the turnbuckles have to do with the sprung
floor. But!  I will be heading downeast mid-May and can probably go
look. What do you recommend I look for to try to figure out your
question as to whether it's a trussed beam floor or?  If they let me,
I could take pix for you to look at.

And, when I'm there, I'll try to ascertain their resources and desires
re: having a professional engineering look.

The heat-- their issue is zonal and periodic heating for the fall and
spring months. These would occasions for small groups to meet or to
work. It doesn't make sense to fire up the monster free-standing wood
stove when it takes hours to heat the place. That would work for a a
big gathering.

I am thinking about wall radiant heat-- probably electric-- sort of
like those euro heated towel racks only heftier. Wouldn't some that
look like and have the mass of an old-fashioned steam/hot H2O radiator
be nice? Such gadgets (not those dinky oil-filled plug-ins) could be
non-invasively bracket to walls near the work and
small gathering places.

To be continued.

---Mary

hands-on impresario
Tegel  Design +  Planning
Oregon

On Apr 19, 2009, at 9:20 PM, "Hammarberg, Eric" <[log in to unmask]