BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Larrey Riddle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "The Cracked Monitor"
Date:
Thu, 26 Aug 1999 18:20:39 -0400
------Original Message------
From: David west <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: August 26, 1999 8:36:44 PM GMT
Subject: Re: Soleri and Arcosanti

>>> Lawrence Kestenbaum <[log in to unmask]> 26/08/99 23:44:25 >>>wrote

"I spent most of the summer of 1975 working on Paolo Soleri's project,
Arcosanti, in central Arizona."

On Fri, 20 Aug 1999, Cuyler Page wrote:

"a serious and mindblowing apprenticeship with an architectural visionary,
Paolo Soleri in Arizona ('61 to '63)"

Any other Soleri pilgrims out there?

I grew up in Paradise Valley (outside Scottsdale, AZ) and my aunt was/is his
physician.  I went out there on a number of occaissions with Gladys and Mr.
Soleri would come out of his studio and greet us, show around and always
joke.  Even as a rebellious teenager, unimpressed with most things adult, I
remember realizing I was in the presense of greatness.  Later I did some of
his weekend workshops and hung out there.  As I type this, there is a soleri
windchime outside my window.

Larrey