BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deb Bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Let us not speak foul in folly!" - ][<en Phollit
Date:
Sat, 3 May 2003 21:04:01 -0500
On Sat, 3 May 2003 17:59:03 -0500, John Callan <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Sometime back...a long time back, I came across a floor leveling
>plaster-like stuff that had been installed over historic plank flooring

this is floor levelling patch and it's only good for extremely thin coats,
and real narrow areas like cracks, not for filling anything big....

you could use sonopatch....
oh wait, that's for roofs    ;)

whatever you use, it has to set up chemically, because it will just shrink
if it's needing to "dry"...
when it's done, you might use levelling compound just on the area where the
patch joins the rest of the substrate...
vinyl flooring tends to telegraph the tiniest imperfection in the
subflooring....

I used rockite (hydraulic cement) in the hole where Uncle's dishwasher used
to leak, and it's been a year and a half, and it still looks fine, but I
only did that because it was 3 AM and no place was open and I just HAD to
get the thing done.... and there was a big tub of it under the sink...
so I'm not recommending it, just reporting it ...

deb "finally got the dog pee out of the wood floor and then he brought the
damn dog back, and, oh well, I give up.... " bledsoe