BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Becker, Dan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kitty tortillas! <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:53:54 -0400

Well, it's an exceedingly Winnie the Pooh kind of a day. We've passed
the point of sweeping up the crud, and are now adding debris to the
equation...leaves, paper, inside out umbrellas, streetscape pole
banners, street signs, newspaper racks, tiny women, tree limbs, trees.
Rain squalls, but not the torrent of Fran. Winds about 50-60mph.
Downtown underground utilities create the opportunity for me to provide
you this man behind the desk view of the storm.

Most recent report from the home front is there is still power. This
means we still had phone service then too. Standing seam roof stood up
to Fran, hope is the same for Isabel. Only lower 1/4 of wall area of 20'
x 20' shed in backyard I've been working on for 3 years covered in cedar
shingles; 3/4 of wall area remain sheathed in 30# felt. Interested to
see if I will be revisiting labors of attaching felt to walls. Thank
goodness for button caps; without them I'm sure I'd have no chance.

Entering maximum period of effect, they say; more news later.

Sign me,

rock and roll show turned into a mosh pit