BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 06:40:43 EST
Preservation folks:

The national conference of the American Planning Association takes place in
Boston next week. The preliminary conference programs lists a
number of law related sessions, several of which relate to historic
preservation issues:

· Billboard Control, Free Speech and Takings
· Growing Role of the Hearing Examiner
· Lessons from False Starts with Growth Management Laws
· Model State Law on Local Takings Appeal
· Permit Reform and Citizen Participation
· Planning Law for Planning Commissioners
· Post-ISTEA
· The Legal Basis for Neo-Traditional Planning
· Transfer of Development Rights after Suitum
· US and Foreign Anti-Sprawl Laws
· Update on Exactions and Impact Fees

For more information, you could try the APA home page (sorry, I don't have the
URL). If I get some more specific info, I will pass it along.

Mary Krugman