BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lisa Sasser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "That's gneiss but I think you're full of schist!"
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 08:14:27 -0400
There was a great story on NPR yesterday morning.  A group of landscape
architects, craftsmen, designers, and craftsmen spent 10 years completing a
recreation of a 13th century Chinese scholar's garden on Staten Island.  It was
reported that the crew was required to consume many cases of Heineken beer in
order to crush the green glass bottles for paving.  I wonder if that's how they
come up with those meandering lines?  Does anybody know anything about the
Scholar's garden, where it's located, etc.

Lisa Sasser