BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "That's gneiss but I think you're full of schist!"
Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 13:56:33 EDT
In a message dated 7/23/99 9:46:50 AM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> bad haircut on the day I saw him for the first time in several years

After being a long-hair, then a skinhead, then trimmed... I came to the
conclusion that it is best for me to forget about the condition of the hair
on my head. I won't bore anyone with the remainder of the geography. When
outside I keep it under a hat, baseball fashion, brim forward. I hate those
brim backward guys, they look so young and virile. I have been going to the
same barber for the last 15 years, not the one in Chinatown, that was a
fluke. My barber tells me about the local visiting saint at the Catholic
school and relates the saint's healing miracles. I think my barber may be
going blind ever since the White Castle was built across the street. The sun
glare off the white enamel walls is too much for Al to endure. I enjoy the
razor shave of the sideburns at the end and the stinky stuff he slaps in my
eyes. I only go to him prior to significant events, all of which I have been
assiduously avoiding.  When I do go for a cut I say, "Short, please." The one
thing I cannot stand is if my hair falls in my eyes or gets sucked into my
nose while breathing. Wearing glasses has made the inhalation problem easier
to manage. Keeping the glasses on while asleep without crushing them has been
exasperating. I'm beginning to reconsider that I may actually be scaring
children -- my coworkers keep warning me about this. The present style, with
only a slight amount of fuss, can quickly be whipped up so that I can do an
impression of the real Ken Follett. If I think of my head as an electrostatic
 feather duster on full voltage, bug out my eyes and project CHIPMUNK then I
look like the real Ken Follett.

][<en