BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mary Krugman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "That's gneiss but I think you're full of schist!"
Date:
Tue, 13 Jul 1999 12:09:03 EDT
In a message dated 7/13/99 11:47:13 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> The Ohio SHPO office is humming at the $200,000 list price.
>  It must be an EXCEPTIONALLY good example, or a mighty ritzy neighborhood.

Hard to believe, but the asking price is incredibly CHEAP for Alpine, NJ!  NJ
(the most densely populated state in the nation) has  very high land value,
especially when the property is only a couple of miles from the GW bridge
(1931?).

Just think of it -- you could zip into the city to have lunch with a
preservationeer, check out the differential settlement at St. John the
Divine, then return in just 30 minutes to a bit of post WWII history at the
top of the Palisades!  What an opportunity! How can you Ohioans pass it up?
(...so, it's a little commute from Cleveland....) How 'bout as an "vacation
bungalow"?

-- Ma Webber-Kettle