BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 25 Mar 2011 14:34:22 -0400
The ignition source was apparently a cigarette.  But the fuel was
fabric, lint, and oil.

Two or three ancestors of mine worked for Triangle Shirt in Baltimore,
I have a 25-year pin that one received.  It is gold and emeralds,
actually very nicely done.  One ancestor died in a fire in one of these
sewing factories in Baltimore, I think in the 1890's, but I don't know
if it was Triangle Shirt.  Apparently, the ancestors refused to buy
newspapers for a week because of a fear of seing their brother, the
newspapers were running pictures of people trapped behing the steel
bars on the windows.  I also don't know if Traingle Shirtwaist and
Triangle Shirt were one and the same company, but the names are
certainly similar.  Triangle Shirtwaist was in New York.

But, the bottom line for me is that the joke about a candle is
tasteless.  So, in the spirit of that joke, go burn in hell, not that I
care particularily.

Steve Stokowski