BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 18:25:00 EDT
In a message dated 10/19/98 6:51:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

>I own a Sears Honor Bilt Home, circa 1910.  I have been searching for
blue prints for this house (Maytown #167, I think) Would you know where
I might find blueprints or at least basic exterior drawings with
demensions?  I have already called Sears Archives.  The best I could do
so far are the floor plans.

My comment on Sears houses is that my grandfather took a picture out of the
Sears catalog and built a house based on the picture. I never saw any
blueprints, I think he had them in his head. The situation was that he had to
build a house before my grandmother's father would let them get married. He
worked for two years, built a garage on a lakeside lot that had been given to
him for payment for other work, which he then sold, and bought another lot of
lesser value on the side of a hilll, and then proceeded to build a house. They
lived in this house until he retired. The house stills stands on East State
Street in Ithaca, NY. Possibly this comprises an ancestral penchant for
copyright infringement and I can blame my current transgressions on my
grandfather, from whom I gained many other independent traits.

][<en