BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Christina Manning <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Mon, 5 Apr 1999 23:31:03 -0500
>Deb wrote:

I really like to get dirty, and I like the
>way cave mud smells.... it smells old, really really old......
>and when you turn off the lights, a whole bunch of your brain becomes
>available for other tasks  ( well, figuratively, if not literally ;)  )
>There's just something about slipping away from everyone out there
>down into the earth where it's dark and cool and quiet -- down where
>most ppl are afraid to follow, but where I feel most at home...

Boy can I relate.  I actually savor the odor of my muddied cave clothes when
I get back from a trip.  It's a shame I have to wash them and rid them of
their musty, old-mud smell that is so pleasing to the olfactory senses of a
true caver.  Kind of like the smell of other old things, such as that trunk
in Grandma's attic, old books with dog-eared pages, musty old creaking
buildings, etc. . . . . . . . Ok, now I KNOW I've gone off the deep end.

Chris the Cave Babe ^V^  and Preservation Gal   <=|