BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barbara Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Shinola Heretics United"
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 07:34:45 -0600
At 09:14 PM 12/8/1999 -0500, Ilene Tyler wrote:
>Maybe I'm too midwestern, (and so are you, Larry) but everyone I
>talked to here in A2 really liked what they saw of the program.

Ilene, there's no such thing as being too Midwestern (just don't tell the
East Coasters that...)  As someone who has left NYC for greener pastures
(literally), I turned on the tv for two of the episodes...  Nostalgia, I
guess.  People here in Minneapolis seemed to approve of it, but then most
of them never lived in New York.  For me, it provided background noise
while I tried to assemble some new furniture, and I couldn't help but hear
a couple voices from my not-so-distant past at Columbia: one that has given
me endless nightmares (Mr. R.A.M. Stern), and another that made me chuckle
(Mr. Joel Silverman talking about the Empire State Building).  Mr.
Silverman IS the undisputed king of Empire State Building storytelling (you
should hear him wax real estate poetic in class...)  So, although I can't
speak to the historic accuracy of the shows, I admit that I enjoyed them as
well (again, just don't tell the East Coasters...)

Barbara