BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deb Bledsoe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "That's gneiss but I think you're full of schist!"
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 15:42:50 -0500
On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Maura Johnson wrote:

> Deb:  I've been asleep.  Where in Ohio and what do you do there?
>
> Maura
> Bowling Green

Well I haven't exactly been prolific lately....
sort of lurking most of the time   ;)

I'm a sometimes Section 10 Architectural Specialties contractor,
not doing much these days though...
I live near Oxford, Ohio, but I've worked or supplied materials
for jobs all over the world  (mostly SW Ohio, No KY, SE IN)

I'm a generalist both by temperament and education --
my trade name is Addington Metal Products, but what I do is
mainly toilet partitions, washroom accessories, FX cabinets,
flagpoles, stuff like that -- I've been involved in a lot of
handicap accessiblity work  (my personal specialty)
I'm not a design professional, my degree and grad work was
Social Work  and  Environmental Science
but I have 20 year's experience in specialties and I've done
the actual physical work, so I'm able to solve design problems...

projects of note in the past include the rehab work at Riverfront Stadium,
(now Cinergy Field), the new Delta Terminal and Hub at Greater Cinci/NoKY
Airport, and the Baldwin Building, plus some dorms at OSU and
thousands of small projects, both new and rehab....

I have nothing in house at present other than a couple of small
tenant finishes, but I haven't bid anything lately either...
it got a little toooooo crazy out there for me over the past few
years..... I'm rather anti-development as of late and I don't like
the cover-your-ass, screw-them-before-they-screw-you method of
contracting,
so, I've also been doing some substitue teaching for money
and I cave a lot  ;)

you've seen those hats that say RETIRED, no phone, no job, no clock,
no hassle?
well, mine says  POOR, no job, no clock, etc...   ;)

I was off BP last fall and for a while earlier this year, so I missed a
lot of you being introduced, but I've managed to piece together a little
picture of most of the BP'ers from their posts....   ;)

I'm a student of accents, due to years working on phones with folks
from all over the world... so it was interesting that Ken confirmed
what I'd always suspected, that people from central Ohio are the only
folks in the world without an accent   ;)

Deb Bledsoe