BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
david west <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The weather listserv for hotheads....
Date:
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 10:21:27 +1000
Chris

Sounds like he's enjoying the sailing ... surfing the
waves in the moonlight is a most incredible feeling -
and his words brought my memories of the experience
flooding back.

If Peter is passing through Sydney, and feels the need
for a coffee or something stronger, and he thinks he
can cope with somebody you know (electronically only)
... feel free to suggest he contact me.

I can send you more direct methods than this email
address backchannel.

Cheers
david

 --- Met History <[log in to unmask]> wrote: > ...soon
to go to Australia for 3 months.

> From:   <A HREF="mailto:YIPPee007">YIPPee007</A>
> To:     <A HREF="mailto:MetHistory">MetHistory</A>
>
> Hey Papa,
>
> I just got back from our first week on the
> water--really great, especially
> since there was such a dramatic buildup in the class
> room. Cramped cabins,
> cramped galley, cramped everything, but all
> enjoyable. The most memorable
> part was the night sail. We sailed out at 8:00 or so
> to see the last little
> orange licks on the horizon over the Solent (the
> body of water in between the
> mainland and the Isle of Wight). There's a lot of
> beautiful industrial
> complexes as you come out of Southhampton harbor,
> smoke stacks of all
> heights, tankers docked, dwarfing the wharfs they're
> attached to.
>
> The moon was full, the sky had the occasional grey
> wisps of clouds and there
> was a good stiff wind with a four foot swell. I was
> sent out on watch to look
> for an unlighted buoy (used in races). At the crest
> of each wave, the hull
> would slip into the water dipping my feet in. It was
> truly beautiful seeing
> the buoy start to gleam a little, reflecting the
> moonlight and slowly gain
> its full sperical form and watch it glide past us.
> On the downwind leg of our
> sail, we surfed over the waves, giving you the same
> giddy feeling that you
> get at the highest point of a rollercoaster.
>
> I'm  being called to head out to a pub right now,
> but I look forward to
> writing you and everyone else in greater depth on my
> much needed rest before
> leaving for Australia. Love to all.
>
> Peto

http://mobile.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Messenger for SMS
- Always be connected to your Messenger Friends