BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bob Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 15:27:21 EDT
Re: electrostatic paint for fire escape.........there is no difference
between electrostatic and regular painting.  It is an application method
whereby the paint and the object are given opposite charges, resulting in an
attraction to the object rather than relying on an enveloping mist.  Enamels
are preferred, but most any paint can be used.  I've even heard of
(moderately successful) latex applications.

We've used it for years on interior applications (file cabinets in occupied
spaces, etc) with great success.  Don't see why it won't work outside if the
object is to protect the building with minimum shielding required.  As
always, the answer to a good coatings job is prep, product and painter.
Perhaps process comes to play here also.

Bob Adams, Architect