BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cuyler Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 2004 15:11:22 -0800
Dear Irene, Ruth, Rudy and all the Heroes of Preservation,

Bless you all for Preserving quality of life !

Too many of us grew up in the sterile 40's, 50's and 60's when much of real
life
was put out of sight in favour of the "nice".  Was it because many of our
parents were still living out the economic shock of the 30's, detaching
themselves from their own parents who were unable to protect them from the
fallout of financial crash and nuclear dust?   Was it the inevitable result
of all the 20th century emigrations from traditional home and family to the
promised prosperity of the other side of whatever fence one could imagine
and get to?   My mother woke up from drugged comma to say hello to her new
child, never feeling a thing.   My childhood grandmother died alone in an
asylum for the demented or deserted.   Neither benefited from family or even
their own presence at the events.   For those of us who have now shared the
times of birth and death with generations either side of our own, there is a
deep and wonderful meaningfulness in the process and participation that
those lapsed generations sadly missed.   1940's/50's Betty Crocker had a lot
to offer to the in-between times of life, but left out far too much through
the sterilization of the kitchen of experience.

Go for it e-brothers and e-sisters.   If the earth were a little smaller, I
would love to drop in and make you and yours a cup of tea, or take a turn
sitting through a midnight hour while someone gets a little sleep.

cp in bc