BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Jan 2004 17:21:45 -0800
Creighton,  Not sure where you are at the moment but it sounds like here,
except for the ice.  It is just downright, bone-chilling cold here and has
been for a few days and it sounds like--except for Mon--it will continue
for a while.  We just shrug and say, "Ahh, well, what do you expect---it's
January.  Was -15 here this morning and -23 a few miles away at school. Our
trusty, rusty '91 Subaru with 200++ miles started right up so I guess we're
all set.  Just keep the tank full and pour in a can of "dry gas" every few
tanks.

A panther eh?  Think you'll ever actually see it?

I shouldn't think stiletto heels would be good for a roof and rather
dangerous for the wearer.  I once worked with a surgeon who told of the
daughter of some famous surgeon who came to train at a hospital he was
working at and she was quite indignant that they wouldn't let her wear
heels in OR.  Having stood many hours at a time in OR I can't imagine doing
so in heels.  But then I was never much of one for wearing them.  Ruth

At 10:47 AM -0800 1/10/04, Creighton Brown wrote:
My dad went to Harvard, I went to Royal Palms. Usually check my spelling
before I send, ( spelling classes were better at Harvard than the
Palms) but that one popped out before I had a chance To check or add
preservation content.
 Preservation content- My sons Torah Portion is pertaining to the care of
Lepers. One direction is to white wash the walls of a sick person, does
this have an antiseptic effect? I seem to remember that was why milk houses
were always whitewashed.
 !! below this morning. Ice has covered the trees for more than a week now
and the moon is full. Midnight walk last night up to the remains of an old
chapel in the woods. The snow was bitching under my boots, branches
clattered in the slightest breeze, the dog wouldn't come. Although I asked
him I was glad of the decline, I was hoping for a long shot sighting of a
mountain lion thats been sighted about a mile from here. No luck. I showed
the bear tracks across the yard of our present job site to Adealio, my new
carpenter from El Salvador. He told me of hunting at home with guns made at
night in the furniture factory he was employed at. He blew one up with an
AK round. He's dying to go ice fishing.
 Re heels- I remember an engineer of female pursusion who walked across the
new carlise roof at Carnigie Hall with what appeared to be stiletto heels.
I can't quite remember her name, but I always did wonder what that was
about----- Original Message -----
--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT