BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
B-P Golden Oldies: "The listserv troubled by a bad conscience and a good memory."" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2006 13:47:48 -0700
This feller my be right smart, BUT he don't appear to know nuttin' 'bout
fung shway (that's Vermont Yankee spellin'.)  One time our son come home
from that fancy private Middle School he attended and looked at our house
and declared, "No wonder this is such a lousy house!!!!!"  It seems they
had somebody come by and give a talk about this "fung shway" stuff and they
told the kids that the front door and the back door shouldn't line up with
each other or the "kee" or "gee" or whatever the heck it was would come in
one door and go right out the other and it was supposed to bring good luck
or some such.

When we were movin' in with Dad same son made some remark about "movin'
into that "creepy old house," so I pointed out to him that at least the
front and back doors didn't line up.  He was not impressed.  I don't  think
of this as a "creepy old house," it's where I grew up, but I can see where
he might think that.  Particularly since it has had no redecorating done in
MANY years.  Ruth

--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT