BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

The fundamentally unclean listserv <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Jan 2003 13:36:34 EST
The grave diggers leaned on their shovels and smoked
as the archeologist leaned on old  pyrate Mike.
"Mike ; we can't cut the tree;
but you got to put back the wall"
Mike rubbed the grizzled stubble on his face and let the warm Florida morning
sun dapple his furrowed brow. Breezy palms and sparkling water made him wish
he was fishing.
Usually the work is straight forward; but not this time.
  The 1840 brick wall;a surround for the family dead was jacked up and split
open by the root system of the 100 year old live oak.
White shell paths lined the green lawns  to its well shaded spot.
Under Spanish moss the upheaval of  marble  tombs made it appear like a
toothy pumpkin.
Replacing it at the same location  was a recipe for failure.
"It ain't going to work"  ...I said kicking some part of the brick over ;onto
the  obvious roots
The archaeologist; a mature woman who can seductively fill out the seat of
some olive green  field pants; took her stand with cradled clip board and
with flashing eye smiled said
" Mike ;  Make it work" while tapping my hardhat with a pencil..

Now...As Brave men run in my family ; the

Plan now is to lay a 6 "base over roots with a Feebly hydralic NHL 2 Lime
mix with gravel finish over the top for a base ;let it set for two weeks; in
other words let it go down moist like beach sand ; spritz 3 times a day
 then  rebuild after 14 days in a 6-1 mix of 3.5 hydraulic.
The deal is     She signs off ;    and I make documentation stating that
because of roots.." longevity is unknown"

The hope here is that the base will be able to stand upheavell of 1"
signed... low modulus Pyrate