BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
sbmarcus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Feb 1998 23:38:26 -0500
Since it was my problems with installing IE4 and Outlook Express that
started this thread. I'd just like to say to all you Macophiles and Bill
defenders that I have an Amiga 1000 in the downstairs closet, and if I can
ever find a replacement for the missing monitor cable (Went off to college
with my son. He dropped out, it decided to stay and graduate.) I'm going to
my own e-mail and Browser programs.

I've owned 3 PCs and a Mac and none of them come close to being the machine
the Amiga was.

And... If you want a perfect representation of whats wrong with MSthink, go
find someone who is a member of MSN and ask them to show you around the
website. I think that I mentioned that the only reason that I was
installing the upgrades was that I was asked to host a chat on their new
Antiques Forum, and to do so an up-grade was required (You can visit the
site with any browser, but without IE4 you can't have the tools to do
host-like things like ban people for life by the click of a mouse button).
On my way to the Forum site I browsed a bit around MSN. It is the most
complicated and ill designed site in the entire universe. Anything that
could be done simply is done elaborately. In order to insure that there are
at least three ways to accomplish every task every time you move the cursor
a menu drops down or flies out at you. And, of course, half the time the
links you accidentally click on don't go anywhere anyway.

It seems to me that the MS philosophy is a combination of believing that
the more bells and whistles you give the consumer the happier he/she is,
regardless of whether they are needed or not, and believing a happy
employee is one who is allowed unfettered freedom to show how clever he/she
is.

Rant over!

Bruce

Bruce