BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pam Blythe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Thu, 4 Jun 1998 08:05:39 -0400
One of the oddest street names I've seen in my neck of the woods is
"Pre-Emption Road".  I've never been sure exactly what's being pre-empted,
but everyone in the area knows where it is.  We also have "Whiskey Hollow
Road" (probably named by some upstate NY moonshiners - if there are such
people around), although there aren't too many hollows, just drumlins in
the surrounding countryside.  Then there are the new developments with
street names like "Elm St." and "Peach Tree Lane" when there hasn't been an
American Elm in the area for years and our peach trees certainly can't
compete with those of Atlanta!