BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 16:50:28 -0400
And then there was the time we were working on the haunted house-
a circa 1880 Mansion in Denver's 5 Points...
converting it to condo's....
one of the unique points about this place was the studs were some 6'
long so there were often 2 platforms in any given wall, was told it had
something to do with
a- lumber shortage post Civil War
b- lumber was actually resawn from diverted RR Ties..

in any case we were tearing out the old stair case and replacing it with
a new addition to code,
Rick and I up on the 4th floor w nothing like a fence or a rail. Rick
gives the Newel a whack with the sledge hammer and the fucking thing is
full of  marbles which come spilling out-
just like disrupting the parade in Animal House...

Also found some maybe 20 hand made valentines cards from some little
girl to her class mates and evidently never handed out up in the ceiling
behind the plaster, kids clothes in walls, 6 or 7 steel cots in the
basement that looked like a torture chamber.....

John Callan wrote: