BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
plz practice conservation of histo presto eye blinks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Dec 2007 08:06:34 -0500
JIM HICKS wrote:
> I don’t know about ‘all’ of us being good about giving but I do know
> that some of ‘us’ are excellent at taking (the prosperity of this
> country is based on getting no matter what).
Jim,

Yeah... I gotta watch that word 'all'. Though even the most rapacious of
takers eventually end up giving even if it means they are dead. Though
you and I may not want to have to wait them out.

What I did intend though is to point at a system of giving that happens
regardless of the overriding political stage at the time and that in
many respects is not easily seen for how large and to what impact it has
on our lives. It is easy to see our taxes and equate them with the
government, it is less easy to see the cumulative activity of many
people simply doing something nice for another person here and there.
When Pyrate told someone where they could go with their desire to give
he did a good thing and the 'invisible' system worked.

To me power is in the knowledge of how the systems that are invisible
around us function. But, as I have also said elsewhere, it would be nice
to make a living. It is 8 am.... I had better get on to that for the day.

I do agree with you that the spirit of taking... shooting any animal
that moves, cutting down ALL the trees, killing off the natives, digging
up ALL the coal and dumping the slurry on others is in the spirit of the
American way. But we have a spirit that moves in many directions at
once, not all of them in harmony. The author of the Buffalo Creek book
describes these as axis along a progressive line of time... I'd like to
find more information on that model.

][<en