BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Trelstad, Derek" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Infarct a Laptop Daily"
Date:
Fri, 18 Feb 2000 10:29:26 -0500
Now here's a problem waiting for an ingenious solution. I've always held --
in my inimitably lofty way -- that anyone wanting to put in aluminum
replacement windows should provide -- at no additional charge -- a partial
lower sash to close the gap between the meeting rail and the top of any
air-conditioner as well as blocking and a shelf to support same of the
bottom of the window and out the window. If this were law, the companies
that fabricate and install these windows wouldnt' disappear every six
months. And, the real beauty would lie in the built-in beam across the lower
rail of the partial sash, which wouldn't deflect under the load of the A/C
or the accidental impact of a hanging scaffold.

Failing enactment of such legislation in Chicagoland, you could follow the
lead of MetHist -- who surely can find a precedent for his protected and
patented system in the many public archives of this fine city (NYC) -- and
devise an aluminum frame and platform with custom cut acrylic panels.

Sign me,

S. Mel Epits