BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
His reply: “No. Have you read The Lazy Teenager by Virtual Reality?”" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Dec 2006 20:10:53 -0800
I have recollections of a certain year that my aunt got several pieces of
kitchen appliances made of cardboard that needed to be put together.  These
folks were late nighters and hubby and I went to their house after Midnight
Mass.  There these 2, aunt and uncle, sat at dining table--with the FIRST
of about 5 of these things.  Fortunately my hubby was a mechanic and VERY
good at reading directions.  I think he got 3 of these things put together
and working before we left about 4AM.  Had to go back Christmas afternoon
and put the others together.  I learned NEVER buy something that needs to
be put together, and if you do  DON'T WAIT TILL CHRISTMAS EVE!!!!!!

We always got Dad boxers and white handkerchiefs.  He still has a large
supply of new white handkerchiefs.  This year I got him slippers WITHOUT
those lacings that never stay tied.  Ones with lacing did a quick
disappearing act and he never knew the difference.  See what getting to be
88 does to you.

Happy New Year One and All.  Ruth

At 10:10 PM -0500 12/25/06, [log in to unmask] wrote:
I wasn't sure at 2 am when I had put
together the last Santa Claus present
whether it was all going to work
she was too clever and  too smart
and  had too many wise guy  friends;
with older brothers who  I am sure by now  had spilt the beans

Ps By the way I got boxers and a tie .
--
Ruth Barton
Dummerston, VT