BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ruth Barton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 2004 15:33:05 -0700
Aren't there a bunch of you guys who live and/or work within a few miles of
that building?  If so why not take a hike on down there and look at that
wall yourselves and see if it is being held together with smudges or what?
Don't get too close though because I think 1915 smudges are about worn out
by now and the wall may well come tumbling into the street.

Some people would expect this house to fall down if they felt it shake
every time a big truck goes by but it hasn't yet and it's been here longer
than big trucks have.  Ruth

At 2:48 PM -0400 4/9/04, [log in to unmask] wrote:
In a message dated 4/9/04 12:33:08 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

I am tempted to call them tie bars.

Resist temptation!  Unless you can use them to hold your necktie flat to
your shirt front without strangling yourself.  I've always considered tie
bars to be longer versions of tie clasps.  They go best with the wide
painted ties from the 40's.

Steve Stokowski
Stone Products Consultants
Building Products Microscopy