BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rick McGrath <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Thu, 26 Nov 1998 11:50:56 -0600
If you are looking for original copies of the old "precut" homes
catalogs they are tough to find, particularly for the Sears homes. You
can try antique magazine dealers. I've had some luck at some of the
antique shows that come around from time to time.  As the Sears catalogs
are very collectible expect them not to be cheap if you can find one at
all.

Sometimes the term is used generically as there were around nineteen
different companies selling precut homes. If you are interested in
republications specifically on Sears homes we have a several in our
catalog. We also have repubs on other precut manufacturers. You might
also be interested in a great text discussing the mail order homes
industry titled America's Favorite Homes by Robert Sweitzer. You can
find them in our on-line catalog at
renovatorsresource.com

--
Rick McGrath