BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Donald B. White" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
When I'm in NH I'm a tourist. Ruth
Date:
Sun, 25 May 2003 10:44:50 -0400
Message text written by "When I'm in NH I'm a tourist.  Ruth"
[log in to unmask] writes:

> All antique cars are equipped with a driver's-side windbag.
>  >>
> Please sir;  My Mrs  might take offense Pyrite

Py,

We just assumed YOU are the driver.  Evidently in your car, it's a
passenger
side windbag.

I just hope Don has a full-width windscreen, no matter which side his
windbag's on.  Could getta lotta bugs in yer teeth, aye matey?

Ralph
<
A few years back at the Carlisle meet, one of the hot items was a T-shirt
with a cartoon showing a couple in a car, the driver saying, "The car sure
is quiet now with the new muffler, eh, honey?" and the passenger with the
muffler stuffed in his/her mouth (the shirt was available with male driver
and female passenger, or female driver and male passenger).

I was referring to the propensity of all owners of 'collectible cars' (a
term I dislike, but the only one that is all-inclusive) to speak at length
about their cars. I invented this line when a very risk-averse friend of my
then girlfriend, invited to go for a ride with us in the Pumpkin, nervously
asked if it had airbags. This is, of course, a car so open that while
seated in it, you can easily reach over the side and touch the road. At
times like this, I think we've become a nation of wimps. I told her, "Yes,
one on each wheel!," adding, "All collectible cars are equipped with a
driver's side windbag." I thought my girlfriend of the time would never
stop laughing.

Yes, Ralph, the windscreen is full width and even has windwings. However,
plenty of air still flows around it. No shortage of ventilation. My
passengers sometimes comment on how pleasant it is to smell the flowers as
we pass by. Of course, we also smell the skunks, manure, honey wagons, etc.
But it all passes quickly, as does the car itself.

Don