BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 28 Feb 1998 17:19:40 EST
Subject:        Town Bypass = Suicide?
From:   anonymous <[log in to unmask]>
Date:   Sat, 28 Feb 1998 15:47:33 -0500

We are looking for information about the damage to small towns created
by the construction of bypass roads, such as decline of in-town
businesses and increased sprawl and ugly development in the surrounding
area.  Does anyone know of any examples of towns that have suffered in
this way?  We are going to be making a presentation to the county
commissioners and town council within the next few days about how the
proposed bypass around our town might not be such a good idea.