BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
His reply: “No. Have you read The Lazy Teenager by Virtual Reality?”" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2007 22:08:42 -0200
[log in to unmask] wrote:

> I thought coating terra cotta was a no-no, but if LPC allowed it it
> must be right.  Or is there discussion of this issue in the trades?

Since TC is usually glazed the no-no of coating on masonry is a somewhat
moot point as it already has a coating. As to if it is good bad or
indifferent to coat TC there is a discussion amidst the conservation
technicians moreso than the trades. The discussion will likely last an
indefinite number of decades and never be resolved as much as ppl worn
out on it and fresh troops needed. I do suspect a problem tho w/ the
wholesale coating of the mortar joints.

][<