BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Met History <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Thu, 6 May 1999 17:50:20 EDT
In a message dated 5/6/99 3:22:10 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

<< Get yourself a decent ventilation hood system, remote motor so it doesn't
roar in your ear, >>

My kitchen renovation included cheap wallboard, rubber "baseboard",
non-grounded outlets (blew the high tech stove) and an unsecured dryer that
rocked off its pedestal - I found it in the AM hanging by the gas pipe.  You
don't get much for $60,000 and a registered architect these days.  Building
is steel frame 1922 apartment house (designed by Rosario Candela, his first
building on the east side.)

It also included a microwave/vent combo (ducted through-wall, one 90 degree
elbow) on which I asked to spare no expense to have good exhaust
capabilities.  The exhaust is only fair, but the thing that annoys me is the
noise is astounding.  Various types say remote motor (e.g. just inside the
wall, 2 feet up and 6 feet over, well away from the stove) is not possible.

Reaction?

Christopher Gray