BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - "Preservationists shouldn't be neat freaks." -- Mary D
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 2000 09:14:16 EDT
In a message dated 7/29/00 8:03:31 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Haven't see Chicken Run....

Have seen, and if you are into claymation it is pretty neat. Have also read
up on the process they went through for the filming, such as double-framing,
team animations, problems with chicken shapes (they look like animated gourds
to me), and the catalog of consonants & vocables. How many faces does a
chicken need to speak with? What they do when they screw up a scene - black
frame, and start over five frames back, then the editor cuts back 5 frames.
Total digital mastering, from film to digital to film. I like the adventure
in the pie machine the best. Architecture leaves a bit to the imagination, I
would say 50's era chicken coops and otherwise empty coal bins. The intent
was to keep the dating of the story somewhat vague but certainly post WWII.
Somewhat of a Utopian spoof.

][<en