BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 22 Dec 1997 15:33:52 EST
In a message dated 97-12-15 20:37:21 EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

> This is partly to twit
>  my leading opponent, who indulges in lines like "empowerment of families"
>  and "paradigm shift."

I suspect this is where the BS on BP meets the tarmac. I hope we can help
Larry to succeed in his campaign. In the tactics of dealing with perservation
issues day-to-day I think we need to see through the language being used
against the interests of conservation/preservation. As well as simply
understanding the language used against us as individuals. E-mail is word
intensive, regardless of the topic. It would be interesting to consider the
vocabulary used by the opposition... just as there is a vocabulary we share in
duscussion of the historic built-environment.. I'm sure we are all having our
singular travails with verbal opposition and share the need to have tools with
which to deal with the information flak.

][<en