BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
sbmarcus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 00:31:26 -0400
Jeez, around here, Architecture and Sacrifice usually refers to burning
architects at the stake in an effort to propitiate the gods of vernacular
domestic architecture. The last one, though, we bled to death at the altar,
but that was special handling after the third time she submitted drawings
for an ell that ignored the reality that her ridge line was ending up
attaching to the house dead in the middle of a dormer window.

I'm really sorry that I'm going to miss Gerard Loughlin's "Sacrifice and
the man who did not exist for others:  Ayn Rands  architect". My memory of
the book was rather the opposite; it was the others who did not exist for
the architect- It was the biggest case of "if you don't play the game my
way I'm going to take my ball and go home" in the history of literature.

Besides, it was in Meet John Doe, not the Fountainhead, that Cooper played
the "man who did not exist for others".

Bruce